yesterday's technology tomorrow
Thursday, January 22, 2004A new beginning
After a month or so of holiday drinking, eating and low exercise levels....I'm back with focused goals for the new year and a plan to get there.
For the last few (6-7) years I've focused on a particular sport, triathlons, swimming, running etc. So this year I'm up for a change. My motivation to just run was dropping right off after the last 1/2 marathon I did in 2003 so I've decided to do some new sports.
Inspired by this guy's change in 1 year I've decided to join the gym and start doing weights along with continuing my running and riding and carefully watching my weight.
Some of my medium term goals for are
- Join a gym
- Develop a weekly plan for lifting and aerobic workouts
- To have a < 9% bodyfat by end of June
- To have a visible 6 pack by end of June
- To drink no more than once a week except for special occasions (birthdays etc)
- Be to be able to bench press my body weight by April
Today I joined the gym and I'm planning my weeks now so I'm on my way.
If I get enough courage I'll post some weekly photos showing my progress along with charts.
Random Pile of Ben
ben at neuronwave dot com