yesterday's technology tomorrow
Thursday, September 18, 2003Happy Anniversary
Suze and I have been married for 4 years today. Still very very very very very happily married (if quite tired due to being parents of young kids).
We were married at the Windsor Hotel on a Saturday arvo and then headed off to Chinois in South Yarra for a most magnificent meal and wonderful cake then back to the Windsor for the night.
My memories of the day
- Smelling of garlic because I used 8 cloves of garlic in my yummy pasta the night before
- Going for a run in the morning and having enough nervous energy to do a marathon
- Voting for the liberal party for the one and only time in my life
- Wearing my brand new $300 shoes bought for the wedding
- Waiting in the room we were getting married in (with 50+ guests) with Handel and Bach being played by a string trio.
- Having the music stop and everyone start to wonder why Suzette hasn't turned up 10 mins after everything was going
- Seeing my lovely bride in a magnificent blue dress with cleavage!!!
- Feeling nervous about correctly saying "I will!" (not I do.)
- Kissing my bride
- Getting photos taken at Pellegrini's
- The limo driver's super smooth acceleration and braking while driving to dinner
- The close-up magician who performed for us all while we had pre dinner drinks
- The most wonderful meal
- Jo stressing that the cake was screwed cause the icing had done strange things...she fixed it all and it was Great
- Adam's super short speech ....lucky if it was 10 words
- My great speech ;-) Lots of laughs
- Waking at the Windsor and realising that Melbourne city on a Sunday morning is Boorrrrring.
- My new $300 shoes bought for post wedding :-)
- Going down to Johanna for a peaceful and relaxing honeymoon
Random Pile of Ben
ben at neuronwave dot com